Choosing A Healthcare Provider

It may take time for couples to admit that they may be infertile. When they do, they usually turn to their obstetrician/gynaecologist (OB/GYN) for an initial evaluation. This is a good place to start, since many OB/GYNs are trained to treat patients who are having difficulty conceiving. However, if the condition persists, choosing a fertility specialist in a timely fashion can prevent much confusion for couples.

The information in this section helps answer the question: “When should I consult a fertility specialist?” It also explains the roles of the various healthcare providers you and your partner will meet during this process and how you can improve your situation by being the best patient possible.

Clinic Locator